The TGA have published the annual public consultation for proposed ingredient changes to the Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Ingredients) Determination (‘the Determination’) for issues considered lower to negligible risk, open from today, Thursday 3 August 2023 to 23:59 AEST Thursday 14 September 2023.
Ingredients under review include:
- Curcuma species and curcumin and the risk of liver injury
- Green Tea (Extract) and the risk of liver injury
- Benzophenone carcinogenicity concerns, proposed to be restricted to topical use at a maximum of 26ppm
- Clarification of the requirements for soy phosphatidylserine enriched ingredients, including proposed 300mg MRDD
- Clarification of the requirements for Terminalia ferdinaniana (Kakadu Plum)
Please read today’s full alert for more information, background and details.