The TGA has published their 2022-23 Advertising Compliance Report.
This report covers the 2022-23 financial year and includes information on the TGA advertising and supply compliance priorities 2022-23 (outlined in CMA’s 26 July 2022 tech alert), which include matters relating to:
- Unapproved performance and image enhancing products and sport supplements;
- Unapproved therapeutic goods associated with COVID-19;
- Advertising of therapeutic goods used in the cosmetic and beauty industry; and
- Advertising of unapproved goods on digital platforms.
The report details numbers of alleged advertising contraventions, TGA compliance assessment outcomes and actions, and the TGA’s approach to compliance education and enforcement.
- TGA web page: Therapeutic Goods Advertising and Compliance Education Plan 2023
- TGA web page: Therapeutic Goods Advertising Compliance Education Strategy 2021
- Therapeutic Goods (Therapeutic Goods Advertising Code) Instrument 2021
- TGA web page: How we manage Advertising Compliance
- CMA 26 July 2022 tech alert: TGA Compliance Priorities 2022-23: Import, Advertising and Supply including unapproved goods, e-commerce supply of unapproved goods; COVID-19 or serious diseases; sports supplements, medicinal cannabis